01 March 2011

February Frustrations....and some successes


It's March!!! YAY!!! So excited for the bitter cold days to be a thing of the past. Although, I'm still grateful for any day the Lord blesses us with.



The fact that it's already March, is craziness! 2011 is just flying by. Not too much happened in February. There was still work to go to, school to do and weight to lose. The beginning of the month was the most stressful. The first 2 weeks, I didn't lose a pound! I stayed steady for over two weeks before dropping anything. That was so frustrating. Working out a couple hours a day, and eating right and not seeing it pay off, it's hard to want to keep going. But I knew I had come too far to stop. I have too much to lose by putting the weight back on.




Amazing thing about February. I hit my lowest weight in over 12 years. That's been my goal for a long time. Just to see that number again, would give me so much hope about seeing myself to the end of this journey. It's an amazing thing, when I can see the "end" in sight. The end being my goal weight, since this journey will last forever. Just because I'll lose the weight and get healthy, I will always have a battle with my weight problems. I know how to control it now, and I know what kind of life style I need to lead in order to achieve it.




As I've said before, this journey is not just about losing weight. Along with being a physical journey, it's also a spiritual and mental one as well. God is an amazing God, who has loved me through all the bad and good, and who is forever faithful in His plans for my life. I wasn't open to those plans when I was depressed, because I was focused on me. I was wrong for having that selfish attitude and know my heart needs to crave Him and be patient for things to happen in His timing. I Love my God. He has made me understand that I am worth more than what I've let myself accept. I took less that what I deserve and let myself get used and abused more than once. That frame of mind isn't an easy one to change. I can see my self worth going up. I know that even with all the bad things I've done and said. He says... "Child, you're forgiven and loved!". Now life is about paying it forward. It was before, but even more so now. The walls are coming down and I'm not on the defense, as much. I don't let myself get used or put in those situations anymore. For the FIRST TIME in my life..I'm starting to love me. It's a great feeling!




Now, on to the weight portion of my ramblings.... :) At the beginning of February I was 239. At the end of February I am now 233. That's a total of 6 pounds for the month of February. And 76 pounds total!! Most importantly, I surpassed my lowest weight of 238 by 5 pounds!!!! And I'm also 3 days away from 5 months of soda and alcohol sobriety!!!


I didn't hit my goal of 229. But that's ok. I'll hit it next month and surpass it then. I have faith in myself and know it'll happen!


Thank you soo much for your hugs and kisses, words of support, encouragement and kindness. It doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. You are all blessings in my always crazy, amazing, beautiful life, and I'm thankful for you!


There are so many things to look forward to! Weddings, babies, birthday's, SOMD Blue Crabs 4th season, Universal Orlando trip, just to name a few...


God is Great! Life is good, it really is!



No comments:

Post a Comment